[texbirds] 4-17-14 Twenty-five warblers in 30 min @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:57:32 -0500

4-17-14 Twenty-five warblers in 30 min @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Ok, there is lots of dead time, but today was much more exciting!  The best
part was an invasion of 25 warblers that flitted all around me for 30 min.  I
ended up with 31 warblers in the two hours I had there.  I definitely need to
block their swimming holes in the back of the pond.

Warblers for the property:  Nashville, Orange-crowned, Black-and-white,
Black-throated-green, Yellow-breasted Chat

Great birds:  Snowy Egret, Osprey, Hutton's Vireo, Blue-headed Vireo,
Long-billed Thrasher singing, Brown Thrasher, Painted Bunting

Thanks to visitors from Philadelphia, Albuquerque and Arizona

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS