[texbirds] 4-16-14 warblers and buntings @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:41:13 -0500

4-16-14 warblers and buntings @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Yesterday, the 8 of us in the Big Sit had great hopes, but it was very slow.
We had Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned, Nashville and Northern Parula for
warblers.  We had Spotted Towhee, White-throated and Lincoln's Sparrows.  FOS
Summer Tanager and the Hutton's Vireo was heard.  We only managed 27 species at
the Warbler Pond.  The company and food was great though!

Today, I was excited to have FOS Painted Bunting at the Chat Pond and then had
Orange-crowned,Black-throated-green, Nashville and Wilson's Warblers at the
Sparrow Hole.  I decided to head back to the Warbler Pond for the day and it
was most slow, but Nashville, Painted Bunting and 3 White-throated Sparrows
entertained me, along with seeing and later hearing Hutton's Vireo made my day.

Chucks are busy procreating outside

I had 39 species for the day

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS