[texbirds] Re: 4 Warbler day McAllen Nature Center 09-07-14

  • From: Javier Gonzalez <javsterkayak7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:21:51 -0500

Thanks Marie for the info on the hours and great going on the warblers!
Lets all give the park some more bird checklists! That place has some great
potential and is really under birded. It's the original nature park in
McAllen and it has some great habitat! Let's show how much diversity
this park can have. The park was saved by the city of McAllen voters some
years ago in a hard fought election after it was proposed to be turned into
a fancy tennis court complex by the city. That was a big win that saved one
of the last remaining green spaces within the city. I hope this park keeps
getting the attention it deserves with more great bird finds!
the park is located on the South side of the road, off of Business 83 road
just west of the intersection with Ware Rd. in McAllen, Hidalgo Co.

link to the park's history
http://valleylandfund.com/news/the-unique-history-of-the-mcallen-botanical-garden/

Javi Gonzalez,
San Juan TX