[texbirds] 3-Jan-14 Photos from Eagle Lake and Attwater

  • From: paul sellin <pjsellin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:46:35 -0800 (PST)

I've uploaded some photos from yesterday's visit to the Eagle Lake area and
Attwater Prairie Chicken NWR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703131@N05/sets/72157639399930674/

The first image, 4696, is annotated with three "examples" text on the image.
The long description under the photo relates to an analysis of Ross's vs.
Lesser Snow Goose vs. Greater Snow Goose.  To end any drama, I've concluded
that it is difficult to determine identities from the image, but there are
obvious differences in overall length, bill size, wing size and neck length
that can't be attributed to significant distance among the birds. I invite
comments.

Thankfully, the rest of the photos have no homework attached to them.  I hope
you enjoy them and better yet, be inspired get out to that area and experience
the beauty of Nature.

Paul Sellin
SW Houston