[texbirds] 3 Brown Boobies and a Yellow-Green Vireo in the Corpus Christi area this morning

  • From: pfoster1@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 17:41:22 +0000

Teri Zambon and I had an immature Brown Booby flying alongside our car on the
Portland Causeway on our way to Hans Suter Park for the Yellow-green Vireo.  No
binoculars required.  Found the Vireo almost as soon as we got to the park.  It
was in the tallest trees that surround the parking lot.  No good pictures due
to the sun.  It flew off and then came back to almost the same place.  Waited
an hour or so, but it didn't come back a third time.  Drove by the two Brown
Boobies on Marker 2 in front of the Omni Hotel.  When we pulled up, only one
Booby was on the marker, but the other one flew in along the breakwater and lit
on the marker with its friend.
Susan Foster
Rockport
Aransas County

Life is better at the beach.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®Edit your Freelists account
settings for TEXBIRDS at