[texbirds] 12/22/2013 Bird Walk-Bentsen RGV State Park

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:33:23 +0000

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you get a chance to enjoy the sun today.  We
had a beautiful morning with some great looks at a few birds.  We were
surprised to have an adult male Sharp-Shinned Hawk bathing in the water feature
at the Green Jay Blind and learned a valuable lesson this morning: always make
sure to check the House Sparrows, you'll never know when there is a Dickcissel
trying to blend in.
Species

Count

Plain Chachalaca