[texbirds] 1-20-13 Salt Lake (Guadalupe Co.)

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:57:16 -0600

1-20-13  Salt Lake (Guadalupe Co.)
I think it would be fun to have people share their favorite "off the beaten
trail" hotspot.  One of ours is Salt Lake,
which is one exit from Buccee's Luling and .25 mile from IH 10.   It's an easy
stop and always pleases and
invariably includes something that triggers the ebird filter.

We just returned from a wonderful TOS Meeting!  Thanks to the board and
volunteers

Jan 20, 2013
Salt Lake (Guadalupe Co.)
Traveling
0.5 miles
40 Minutes
Observers: 2
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.5.2
2 Gadwall
2 American Wigeon
2 Northern Shoveler
2 Northern Pintail
1 Canvasback
5 Ring-necked Duck
4 Lesser Scaup
13 Bufflehead
3 Ruddy Duck
1 Pied-billed Grebe
1 Eared Grebe -- Don and Cliff Hendricks IDd separately
5 Double-crested Cormorant
1 Great Egret
4 Black Vulture
1 Turkey Vulture
1 Red-tailed Hawk
1 American Coot
6 Killdeer
1 Greater Yellowlegs
12 Least Sandpiper
2 Long-billed Dowitcher -- Don and Cliff Hendricks IDd separately
5 Mourning Dove
3 American Crow
3 Savannah Sparrow
2 Eastern Meadowlark