[texbirds] 11-12-12 Scissor, Black-throated-green Warbler @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:33:12 -0600

11-12-12 Scissor, Black-throated-green Warbler @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
We just returned from the Rio Grande Birding Festival yesterday and it was as
wonderful as usual.
This is something you should go to, most fun!  Wonderful, dedicated volunteers
run this fantastic event and they
Had >700 attendees from all over the country and other countries.  We were
delighted to get great views
Of the Mangrove Warbler bathing, in the sun, with Scarlett and George Colley

As we approached home, we had 8 Scissor-tailed Flycatchers on the lines.  We've
had 4-5 lately, but to return
To more is amazing.  We looked for them today, but no luck.  My word-wrap isn't
working on this note

This morning, I had 35 Killdeer in the field, amazing!  The strong front went
through last night

The star of the day was by Don when he went out for lunch at the Warbler Pond
and a
Black-throated-green Warbler came in for 3 min to bathe.  He texted me and I
went out with the camera, but
I went barefoot and wo a coat and saw the bird, but couldn't get there for a
picture.  We had to leave for dr appt

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz