[texbirds] 1 week - 206 species (Santa Ana, Quinta Mazatland, Hidalgo Pumphouse)

  • From: "Serge Beaudette." <sbnature@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 00:52:44 -0400

Hi again!
Today, we past the “psychologic number” of 200 species!

Good sighting:

Santa Ana:
-Northern Beardless Tyrannulet
-Swainson’s Hawk
-Hooded and Altamira Orioles
-Vermillion Flycatcher (female)

Quinta Mazatland:
-We discovered a “second” Eastern Screech-Owl hole in a palm tree!

Hidalgo pumphouse:
-MORE THAN 400 ANHINGAS in a “thermal” who fly together and turn at the
same time, perfectly synchronized!!!! WOW!!!
-Ringed Kingfisher
-Black Phoebe
-Claycolored Thrush
-Vermillion Flycatcher (female... again! We hope we will find a male!!!)

A great day again in nature from dawm to dusk!!!

Tomorrow: Bentsen, Anzalduas and Edingburg!

Serge Beaudette (and the group of French Canadian birders!)