[telescoperos] Re: Fwd: News from Sidewalk Astronomers

  • From: samuel tapia <samueltapia555@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <telescoperos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 02:21:22 +0000

Gracias Carlos por la invitacion a ISAN International Sidewalk Astronomy Night,
se puede participar en castellano o tiene que ser en grigo?Acaba de llegar
tambien una invitacion de la Nasa para participar en un concurso, como los
telescoperos tienen una chispa especial creo que sera una buena oportunidad de
participar.este es el mensaje y direccion para acceder;

La NASA invita a todas las personas del mundo a que sugieran un nuevo nombre
para el Telescopio Espacial de Rayos Gamma de Gran Área, conocido como GLAST
por su sigla en idioma inglés, antes de que sea lanzado a mediados de 2008.
TODO EL REPORTAJE en
http://ciencia.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/08feb_namethattelescope.htm?list303636

Saludos a todos

                          Samuel Tapia

Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:43:27 -0300From: clubcientifico@xxxxxxxxxxx:
telescoperos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; manfredlanger@xxxxxxxxx; nmorenoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
[telescoperos] Fwd: News from Sidewalk Astronomersreenvío mail de Donna Smith
invitando a ISAN, International Sidewalk Astronomy Night , en que miles de
aficionados en todo el mundo pusimos nuestros telescopios en algun lugar
público, calle, plaza, supermercado, (claro que unos frescos se fueron a tomar
pisco a Elqui) en un determinado día que esta vez será el 12 de abril de 2008.
Comuniquen a otros aficionados e inviten a mirar la página web
www.sidewalkastronomynight.com

Sidewalk Astronomers Newsletter

FEb 22, 2008

Greetings!
We have the date set for the 2nd ISAN, April 12, 2008 and we hope you will join
us. This will coincide with Yuri's Night and hopefully we will have a great
turn out of both amateur astronomers and the general public.

We've made a couple of changes to how we are organizing the event this year and
we expect things to run smoother and be even more successful than last year.

We are also asking for your help. Last year, we sent hundreds of emails to
clubs around the world, we got the email addresses from internet lists which
were terrible. So this year, we are asking you to forward this email to every
amateur astronomer you know.
You can use the Forward Email link a the bottom.
Thank you.
Donna

Joining ISAN on the Website

We have updated the website www.sidewalkastronomynight.com and instead of
listing all the participants, we are using the guestmap that we used for
results last year. The map will be a better visual of who is participating and
we ask all of you to post your locations. Just go to the website and on the
page "Take Part - Join In!" you just click on the little globe. You don't have
to post a contact email, if you don't like having it posted on the net, you can
instead list your club's website. Just be sure to list your city and country.

Flyers, Posters, and Shirts

You will notice that we have the same flyers that we had last year. If any of
you made up different informational flyers, please let us know and we can post
them.

We would also like to see your posters and we would like to have an ISAN
T-shirt if someone would like to design one. Since we use CafePress.com for
shirts, we just need to upload the artwork, with CafePress they are printed on
demand, so we can have as many different ones as we want with no minimum
orders. The Sidewalk Astronomers don't make profit on the CafePress items, but
it allows us to get one or two of an item. Please take a look and give us some
ideas. www.cafepress.com/sidewalkastro . When you send artwork, please write
"cafe press isan" in the subject line of the email and send it to
sidewalkastronomynight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ISAN Booklet Available

We have printed the booklet from the 1st International Sidewalk Astronomy Night
available and will send it out to all of our members, but we need to be sure
that we have your correct postal address. There is a link at the bottom of this
email that says Update Profile, make sure you update yours with your correct
address.

Everyone who is on this email list, has ordered products from our website, has
taken a class here in LA, has actually "joined" the SA, or has asked to be on
the mailing list - all are considered members regardless of whether or not they
have paid dues. All these lists are combined, but postage, both international
and domestic, is expensive when you are sending out several hundred and we want
to be sure we have the correct information.

Become more active!

We need volunteers to help with the newsletters, websites, and artwork for
various projects. For ISAN and for the Sidewalk Astronomers, we would like to
have photo albums on Picasa or some other photo sharing website and are looking
for a volunteer to help with that.

Also, if you have ideas for other projects - great, we'd love to hear them and
have you work with us to get them going.

As you can probably tell, I have been doing most of the work on the websites
and newsletters (which is why there are so few) and I'm willing to share all
this glory!!!!

Our website www.sidewalkastronomers.us and the website for ISAN
www.sidewalkastronomynight.com should be linked, if I have done everything
right. Please visit both sites and let me know what you think and if everything
works.

Sincerely,
 Donna Smith / Sidewalk AstronomersSidewalk Astronomers

ISAN 2008 Button

This is the button for 2nd ISAN.
This year we have put this as an item on our website
www.sidewalkastronomers.us
We are asking $1 per button, $2.00 shipping on the first button and then $.50
shipping per additional button.
This is so that we can have the button orders separate from  all the other ISAN
emails and because we can print shipping labels easily with PayPal orders.
There is a place on the order form for special instructions to the seller - if
you need lots of buttons, 20-30 etc, please order 4 or 5 and then use the
special instructions to let us know the actual total. Again, we aren't trying
to make profit on the buttons, but last year was a nightmare with returned
packages, bad addresses (which we did by hand) and emails to all our different
email accounts.
If you just can't open a PayPal account or can't afford to pay anything, please
let me know.

Quick Links

Sidewalk Astronomers Website

ISAN Blog

ISAN Website

Sidewalk Astronomy Products

Forward email

This email was sent to clubcientifico@xxxxxxxxx, by
sidewalkastronomynight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy
Policy.

Email Marketing by
Sidewalk Astronomers | 1946 Vedanta Place | Hollywood | CA | 90068-- Carlos
Contreras, presidenteClub Científico de Peñalolén, Santiago, CHILE
http://clubcientifico.clfono/fax. 562-7691307  8-9672662  09-2114827
Descarga GRATIS el poder del nuevo Internet Explorer 7.
http://optimized.msn.com/Default.aspx?mkt=es-cl