[TEG Freelist] [TEG] Beyster Institute December 2003 Ezine www.beysterinstitute.org

  • From: Mark Bruemmer <tegmarkb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Entrepreneurial Group <theentrepreneurialgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:41:31 -0800 (PST)

Dear Entrepreneur,

The Beyster Institute Ezine always has good information for entrepreneurs
interested in effectively managing their enterprises through employee
ownership.  This month's article titled, "The Power of Optimism", offers
insights into the realm of possibilities.

Best Regards,

Mark Bruemmer, CEO
NetMotifs, Inc.
Business Web Services
Moderator of The Entrepreneurial Group

From: "Beyster Institute"
To: "Mark Bruemmer"
Subject: December Ezine Announcement
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:32:37 -0800

        Beyster Institute
December 2003
---------------------------------

Welcome to December!

Happy Holidays to You!

The last few weeks of the year are usually spent with our friends and families
celebrating the season and enjoying each other?s company.  It is also a time to
focus on the coming year and ?wrapping up? the fourth quarter.

This month?s edition of Leading Companies offers several informative articles
to help you prepare for 2004. So, as we make our way through the last 31 days
of 2003 we would like to suggest that you take a few minutes to read our
December issue.

---------------------------------

Ownership Culture

Watson Wyatt Study Concludes that Communication is Key

By Cyndy Payne, Beyster Institute Staff

Companies are constantly searching for a way to get ahead of their competition
and enhance their bottom line.  An effective communications plan may be the
secret ingredient that you're looking for.

---------------------------------

Tips

Restricted Stock: A Practical Tool to Promote Ownership

By Martin Staubus, Beyster Institute Staff

Once again, Martin Staubus offers us an insightful look into the equity
compensation world.  Restricted Stock has received a lot of attention lately
and this article will discuss some of the issues and options for the challenges
of equity sharing.

---------------------------------

Trends

IRS Announces 2004 COLAs
By Thomas Roback, Jr., CEP, Beyster Institute Staff

It is that time of year Cost-of-Living adjustments (COLAs) have recently been
issued.  Read on to see how your contribution limits may be changing.

---------------------------------

Entrepreneurial Viewpoint

The Power of Optimism
By Ray Smilor, Beyster Institute Staff

Do you see the glass as half-full or half-empty?  Entrepreneurs see it as
overflowing with possibilities.  Read on to learn what steps you can take to be
more optimistic, and why you will want to.

---------------------------------

International

Growth Entrepreneurship:  A Survey in Latin America

By Kenny Pegram, Beyster Institute Staff

Growth entrepreneurs are an overlooked and underserved market in the
international development arena. Do these entrepreneurs exist in developing
countries?  They certainly do, and more so than one might think.  Latin America
provides a compelling example.

To unsubscribe from our announcement, please reply to this email with the word
'unsubscribe' in the subject heading and your full name. Please allow 1-2 weeks
for full processing.

Contact NetMotifs, a Solution Provider for Dell and NetSuite, offering a
single, integrated web-based system to run your entire business.

http://WebLinks.FreeURL.com

Join The Entrepreneurial Group, a volunteer organization whose mission is to
mitigate the risks in a business venture by connecting entrepreneurs to
resources.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now