[TEG Freelist] [TEG] 2004 Business Growth

  • From: "Bill Gluth" <bgluth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: theentrepreneurialgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:17:10 -0000

Happy New Year!

2004 brings many changes to the small business growth scene.
Technology is expanding our world, while email is becoming regulated
to stop abusive practices. Business networking, sales and marketing
are all taking on a High Tech ? Human Touch face as we move into
the New Year.

In looking at business growth for the year ahead ? small business
needs to consider 3 distinct areas.

1. Marketing Utilizing High Tech ? Human Touch Methods

2. Sales Process

3. High Tech ? Human Touch Business Networking

1. MARKETING
Beyond having a focused yet simple (written) and organic marketing
plan, establishing a tightly defined, "target" market and
"loving" your Brand, a few emerging marketing ideas are
listed below.

* Small Business Growth comes from new ideas and differentiation.
Creativity and consistent idea/concept generation is one key to small
business growth.

* Create a consistent "narrative" that presents your selling
message in a concise, compelling and credible way. Elevator speeches
are out, narratives are in.

* Use at least 20 or more of the 100 marketing tools available to
everyone (I'm happy to send you this list if it is helpful to you). The
internet, business cards and brochures are just three of the 100 "tools" to
consider.

* Consistently educating and informing your prospects and clients of
topics of interest to them. Newsletters are out, blogs are in.

* The most important marketing development of all is to express your
marketing message in dollars and cents. Hype is out, money is in.

2. SALES PROCESS
Having a well thought out and consistent method for turning a lead
into a client is essential for business growth success.

* Analyze how your leads become customers. What is the process you
use to identify leads, gain interest (marketing), discover problems
or wants that your business solves, create agreement and turn your
prospect into a customer?

* Next, how does your customer become a repeat customer, who happily
provides referrals?

* Sales training is a key. If your training was done years ago, you
need to update and review your skills and methods.

* Utilize technology with personal outreach more effectively. New
technology will extend your center of influence and increase selling
relationships. Personal outreach solidifies the relationships.

3. HIGH TECH ? HUMAN TOUCH BUSINESS NETWORKING
Technology combined with Human Touch has entered the business
networking arena. Online business networking, combined with personal
interaction is taking center stage.

* The new networking paradigm basically states ? "We learn
from our direct network and gain revenues from their network."

* As we connect, we develop an understanding of like-minded people.
We take notes, continue to develop an understanding and build
meaningful relationships.

* We then act as a "link", as often as possible; to connect
those in our network with others we meet. By doing this we turn human
capital into revenue.

* 1,000 people in a network equal $100,000.00 in revenues. No one has
more or less importance than another in our network. By connecting,
sharing and helping we uncover that 2% and profit considerably from
it.

* Make it a goal to add 5 new contacts per business day to your
network in 2004. At this time next year you'll be 1,200 people
richer. Remember, clients and prospects count.

I hope this helps and provides thinking points. To assist further, I
have developed a 2004 Business Growth analysis tool. If interested
call or email me. I'll be happy to share it with you.

I would like to wish everyone a prosperous and extremely happy New
Year.

Bill

Bill Gluth
Founder
Develop Your Vision
http://www.developyourvision.com
=================================================================Action Turns
Ideas Into Profit

=========
Visit
http://TEGBookmarks.FreeURL.com
to learn of business events and to add  your own.

Search Events Links
1. Select Search link
2. Select "Event Announcement" or "Events Calendar" Category
3. Click Submit button

Add Events Links
1. Select New link
2. Select "Event Announcement" or "Events Calendar" Category
3. Enter Name field entry
4. Enter Description field entry including date, time and location
5. Enter URL (including http://) field entry
6. Click Submit button

Contact NetMotifs, a Solution Provider for Dell and NetSuite, offering a
single, integrated web-based system to run your entire business.

http://WebLinks.FreeURL.com

Join The Entrepreneurial Group, a volunteer organization whose mission is to
mitigate the risks in a business venture by connecting entrepreneurs to
resources.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/3E7qlB/TM

 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/