[techtalk] Custom resolutions for ATI card

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:48:12 +0100

Hi All,

I want to be able to create custom resolutions for a 2 monitor setup running
off an ATI 4850 card.
A simple enough requirement I thought as I`ve done this with my Nvidia cards
using the Nvidia
control panel software, but so far I`ve not been able to find a way to do it in
the CCC and from
what I can gather, most people recommend using Powerstrip which leads me to
believe that
it`s either not currently possible or horribly complicated in the CCC.

From the reading I`ve done, it should be possible to do this "manually" after
all, it`s just
creating registry entries but thus far - no joy.

Can anyone shed any light or should I stump up the $30 for Powerstrip (yes I
have been using it but
it`s now expired)

Cheers
Paul