Re: ZDuhNet (was Re: ESR at Rose)

  • From: "Troy V. Barkmeier" <barky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Technocracy" <technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:21:11 -0500

>> John Madden wrote:
>> >
>> > However, the jerk from Zdnet that wrote an article today saying
>> > 'open source has yet to produce any goods' got a lesson in manners. =)
>
>Heh, this guy's up on /. now...
>
>John

Has anybody else figured out that Mr. Taschek and the other hacks at
ZDNet have a hit quota that must be maintained if they want to keep their
jobs? I read the article twice and, as Technocracy's token English major,
I feel compelled to point out that his rhetoric and logic are actually
even more flawed than his clearly unresearched "information" about open
source -- read it again carefully and you'll start to see that he hasn't
even really convinced himself. The only possible reason that a
"professional" writer would produce a piece of crap like this was in the
_hope_ that he would get slashdotted so he could hit his quota for the
month. Since his plan was a huge success (not only was he slashdotted, he
was...what, "technocrashed"?), you can bet he'll be back again next week
with a fresh, new steaming pile for us all. I'd like to see /. start
putting up lists of "pages to ignore"; maybe then we could weed out some
of this crap and get down to some interesting discussion.

TVB