Work opportunity.

  • From: Neil Doane <caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:14:13 -0800

VA is hiring.  Looking for a couple positions apparently, thought I'd pass
it on if anyone was interested...I dunno what the official names of these
positions are, just descriptions of what they're looking for.

Level 1 and Level 2 IS Support Engineer - This job basically would be
Lvl1 and 2 desktop/laptop support for VA's IS department.   Candidate would
have a good working knowledge of Windows also (lots of Windows desktops here
these days.)   Kindof an entry-level position.   Starting at about $65-$75k

IS Server Engineer - Aid with Level 3 IS issues and assist in the
setup and maintenance of VA's internal servers and network.   Basically
sysadmin stuff...Windows server knowledge is a bonus; though I think every
server here now is Linux-based, that might not always be the case.
Senior/junior sysadmin-level position, starting at about $75-$85k+,
depending on quals.

Both of these will require living in the San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Cruz,
or someplace else near here close enough to commute to Fremont from.

Drop me a line if you or someone you know is interested.

Neil