Re: Taco Bell and the Mir...

  • From: "F.M. Taylor" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:05:55 -0500 (EST)

Well, since it is unmanned, abandoned, and placed with the intention of it
being destroyed, wouldn't it fall under the international salvage
laws.  If I had a boat I would go and get it.  It would be cool to have a
space debris target hung on the side of the house. :)

On Wed, 21 Mar 101, Hunter wrote:

> > Got a boat, lets go steal it. If its more than 200 miles out its fair
> > game >;)
>
> Since that's international waters, wouldn't we be subject to "Taco Bell Law"?
> I think one could reasonably argue that the target represents a vessel... :)
>
> --
> Steven Hunter  | hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "HEY! Check out these crescent fresh skulls in my salad!" - Sifl & Olly

---
Mike Taylor
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security
Indiana State University.               Rankin Hall Rm 039
210 N 7th St.                           Terre Haute, IN.
Voice: 812-237-8843                                  47809
---
"You have zero privacy anyway.  Get over it."
           --Scott McNealy, Sun MicroSystems.