Re: Star Wars has arrived!

  • From: "F.M. Taylor" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:28:54 -0500 (EST)

Now thats about the coolest thing I have heard of all week.  When do we
get the hand held model :)

On Thu, 8 Jun 100, Hunter wrote:

> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000607/ts/tech_laser_dc.html
>
> "Laser Shoots down missle for First Time"
>
> "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A powerful laser developed jointly by the
> United States and Israel has shot down a rocket in a breakthrough test
> of defense technology, the Army said on Wednesday."
>
> Yikes! :)

---
F.M. (Mike) Taylor      Systems Programmer (UNIX).
Indiana State University.  Terre Haute, IN. 47809
(812)-237-8843          CISSO
---
I constantly find myself "re-inventing the wheel", but
thats ok 'cause my current "wheel" has eight flat sides.