Re: In other words

  • From: "F.M. Taylor" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:18:23 -0500 (EST)

Ya, there is nothing wrong with a good ol' FAE Device, but even rockets
and such are expensive.  You could probably give some high school
electronics student a few hundred bucks to build you a few GPS
killers.  Interference is really easy to generate, most EEs spend alot of
time learning how not to generate it.  If it was difficult to do you would
spend less time in class learning how to avoid it.

But, on the other hand there taint nuthin quite as purty as the poof from
a FAE.  Ya know, now that I think about it, I am glad that not a lot of
people know what a FAE is.  Let 'em stick with the good ol' fertilizer &
diesel bombs.  Its safer that way.

On Tue, 13 Mar 101, Hunter wrote:

> > Well, I suppose that you could "white out" a GPS signal.  That couldn't be
> > a good thing.  Now the question is how much will a terrorist group pay
> > someone to build a few dozen "GPS killers".........
>
> Wouldn't it be more time and money efficient to just build fuel-oil bombs
> or to buy rocket launchers? I would have to say that based on past events,
> most
> terrorists aren't the technical type.
>
> Not that I'm saying it can't or won't happen. Just that there are far more
> primative and effective methods of doing the same thing.
>
> --
> Steven Hunter  | hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "HEY! Check out these crescent fresh skulls in my salad!" - Sifl & Olly

---
Mike Taylor
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security
Indiana State University.               Rankin Hall Rm 039
210 N 7th St.                           Terre Haute, IN.
Voice: 812-237-8843                                  47809
---
"You have zero privacy anyway.  Get over it."
           --Scott McNealy, Sun MicroSystems.