Feature Request

  • From: "F.M. Taylor" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:23:49 -0500 (EST)

Hey, can we add this as a feature to the mailing list ;)  I would really
like to write some sendmail rules to emulate this globally >:)

Subject: Microsoft Outlook (Express) bug..

Hello.

Recently we've been receiving calls from customers not being able to check
their e-mail because Outlook/Outlook Express says to check their "Memory
and Diskspace" (or something along those lines..).  I began looking at
their /var/mail/ mailbox, and I noticed a similarity with all of
them.  They had receieved some spam which had left the "BCC:" and
"Reply-to:" headers blank.  So I attempted to reproduce the error, and it
worked.  Outlook Express wouldn't retreive any e-mail, if there was an
e-mail that had those two feilds blank!  I couldn't believe it.  I
attempted to contact Microsoft early last week, but received no reply.  I
haven't had much of a chance to test versions or anything as of yet, so
feel free.  It would certainly be unfortunate if someone were to write a
program that would generate an e-mail like this, and do some mass
mailing.. ;-)