Re: DYI DSL

  • From: "M.K. Chatterji" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:12:38 -0600

Did I tell you guys that I used Crigley's wireless idea at home? Dr.
Sternfeld (a few houses away) has DSL but doesn't like the price. So
he and I are "sharing" the cost -- by me putting an Apple Aiport
(Wavelan) base station at his house and a yagi antenna in my attic. I
don't think Verizon has throttled back its DSL in our neighborhood
because I'm getting something like T-1 speeds at home. (The wireless
link is running at 11 megabits -- which is overkill of course.) I
used all Apple stuff, so it didn't require brain surgery on my part.
It's been rock solid since I installed it a month ago.
-Chat