[TechAssist] Re: zenith vrd200

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:14:11 -0800

Adam,
That unit uses an independent motor for almost everything. It has one for
cassette loading, tape loading, capstan, video drum and reel drive.  But I
would first check the idler assembly.  Usually the pad wears in the idler,
over time, causing slippage during play but overcomes that symptom in FF due
to the added torque that the additional momentum and speed provide.
There is a tune-up kit available for that unit from Studio Sound
Electronics, VMK-065 for $10.95 plus shipping.  It includes, new idler,
belts and a pinch roller. http://www.iglou.com/studiosound/
Hope this helps
Bill

Premium Technologies