[TechAssist] Re: zapping batterys

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:01:53 -0400

Its just like blowing out a whisker short between electrodes in a crt. NiCd
batteries develop metallic whisker shorts. The idea is to evaporate the
whisker without blowing up the battery. Some people use a quick touch to a
power supply. Others charge up a capacitor and touch it across the battery.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609