[TechAssist] work-around: Dell 20 inch monitor P1130 (Sony, no FCC) G2 screen too hi.bright]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:08:15 -0400

Yes. I have since effected a work around. Up at the CRT board (very
small PCB without much parts, basically the spcket) I mounted a hi-ohm
focus pot. It was about 15 to 20 megs. One end soldered to CRT board's
grounded shield. The other end to the G2 wire from the chassis. The
wiper to the g2 pin at CRT. I have a full range from black to excess
bright and a nice picture. This allows the wiper to travel from the
source hi volts to ground.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx