[TechAssist] Re: use a battery backup UPS for TV,DVD,surround amp system protection ?

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 08:41:32 -0400

When the EPA started force feeding us MTBE in our gasoline it destroyed the
sock filter in my Jeep. It got towed to a repair shop three times in a week.
Each time they replaced something different with the sock filter being the
last item. A few weeks later my wife's Jeep came down with the same
affliction. I replaced the sock filter first, that cured it.

The EPA showed no interest in paying my towing and repair bills, which
amounted to over $400.00.
Just like they show no interest in paying to fix our private wells or
municipal wells for drinking water. In my state, over 30% of it has now
become contaminated with a carcinogin called ----MTBE. Instead they blame
the oil companies that they forced to use it.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH