[TechAssist] update: RCA Proscan PS35123, CTC169EJ5 slight video smear to right?]]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:31:05 -0500

I did check out that TV tech-cures site you mentioned (www.wa6ati.com)..
Ziltch..
It was suggested in other posts, a bad CRT, 200 volt scan-derived
electrolytic cap to crt
board being weak,etc.
This cannot be the case, as I get good picture with no smear in line-in
video mode both with the RCA inputs and S-video. Those above mentioned
parts would be common
to all video and tuner inputs.
I have since changed the integrated tuner assy, the video switch IC
U1401
(HCF4052B) and all 'lytics surrounding that IC. If I freeze spray around
that IC, it clears! (And I've changed it with a new one.) and chemically
cleaned the board)
So it cannot be anything that shares the same circuitry as the RCA and
S-video does, because they're OK.
Only with tuner input... And as it stays on 10 minutes and more, it gets
worse. I also notice the contrast is not as good in tuner mode either.
That
seems to go hand in hand with this smear thing.
I'm stumped.
Hey, RCA experts!
Help!.

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phil