[TechAssist] toshiba cx21449 model /chassis TAC8905/ loss of video

  • From: "wilfred blakey" <wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tech assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:35:00 -0400

I changed deflection IC501 because the TV was dead /no horizontal drive. After
I changed the IC I find there is no brightness on the screen. All of the
transistors around the IC (Q141,Q201,Q290) have wrong biasing and I cannot
figure out what is causing the problem. I have tested most of the components in
the area and cannot seem to find the problem. The signals going into Q201
especially are low. The IC I installed is a Toshiba original TA8680N so I do
not have to deal with substandard parts that do not match. I would appreciate
any help I can get.
Wilf Blakey/Blakey TV,Kirkland Lake,Ont
wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html