[TechAssist] Re: threaded messages with many duplicate sig files, etc

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Max Bonnell)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:23:48 -0500

Doug, I know it takes longer but I always cut, copy & paste those and
then get rid of all the unnessary stuff.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

From: dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Doug=A0Keller) Date: Mon, May 10, 2004, 5:14pm
(CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [TechAssist] Re: threaded messages with many duplicate sig
files,etc Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sure! Those are put there automatically by the server. It is nothing we
"do" everytime.

Doug Keller
Wis-Kel Electronics
101 Freeland Ave.
Terra Alta, WV
USA =A0 =A0 =A0 26764
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tech-assist.org

Phil Bader wrote:
Just a question:
A posted message, at bottom will have a sig file, and the "lost
password..etc." paragraph, "Techassist..." info...etc. Some of the
ongoing threaded messages have these entries repeated a dozen
times,every time one is replied, another set is put there. I know the
admin. has warned against "butchering the messages" but can I "clean" up
the half-dozen replicas at bottom? I think One sig file with orig msg,
and the reply is enough, as well as the Techassist paragraph. What say
you?
Phil Bader