[TechAssist] Re: technicial query

  • From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:33:02 -0800

I do the same thing Gary.  Keep at least all the cheap stuff on hand!

BTW, you can still use those ECG 238's!  Using clip leads, hook 'em up in
place of a shorted one, just for testing.  So, if the 100W lamp you use in
place of the main fuse doesn't save your HOT then at least the old 238 let
you know that the flyback is probably the culprit.

You can even dunk the sub HOT in icewater (best to use distilled) for those
HOT's that start to really heat up (circuit failure).

Bil