[TechAssist] Re: technicial quary

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:33:39 EST

 For Nipkow go to
WWW.library.thinkquest.org/26451/contents/inventors/nipkow.htm Hollis

                                                    In a message dated

<< Subj:     [TechAssist] Re: technicial quary
 Date:  2/22/02 10:28:33 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  geiting@xxxxxxxxxx (Jerry)
 Sender:    techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 To:    techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 I believe this was the early 50's.  As I know the story, the RCA system
 (which is still in use, for awhile anyway) and the CBS/Columbia system
 (synchronized color wheels) were both in contention for being the color TV
 system in the US.  A tech I used to work with when I first started in this
 business, told me he had actually seen the color wheel system in operation,
 and said it looked quite good, or course, this was on a small crt.  Can you
 imagine the size of the wheel required for a 36" set!

 From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:26:44 -0500
 Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx