[TechAssist] speaking of LG...

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:48:08 -0500

You guys were talking about the "korean twins" , Samsung and LG and
their ASC
requirements.
That reminded me about a letter I recieved from LG about a year ago
informing me that
ALL ASC's must be on direct bank deposit for warranty payment. On the
surface that
sounded OK, until i read the agreement that came along with it. I was
expected to give them
not only deposit rights, but WITHDRAWEL rights as well!!!

No other manufactuerer is so presumptious as to even suggest it, but LG
thinks it's something
we should do. I called and asked them why they thought that they needed
withdrawel rights on
my check boook?  They said that it was  "in case they had to make
adjustments due to error"-

I said "no way".  Can you imagine how much fun it would be to get your
money BACK from
these guys if they "erroniously" decided that I owed them money?

The moral to the story is READ before you SIGN!!! ;-)

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550