[TechAssist] Re: sony tv KV-27S66 no video, led blinks nonstop

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:32:17 -0500

You may want to check R607 in the power supply primary circuit, normally 0.1
ohm 1/2 watt fusistor, it's the white resistor along the outside edge of the
board.

Also check the Horiz out and drive transformer/resistors for loose
connections. I've had very few shorted IHVTs, so I doubt that's the problem,
but trace the 200V supply and check the cap/diode/resistor at the source,
with no pix that should be reading 200V. Is the heater lighting up? I've had
loose connections on the IHVT cause that too.
Your constant blinking indicates the CRT isn't turning on, it stops when
video is applied, but the IK pulse has not come within specs to turn it
on.....adjusting the screen control up to see what you get (no raster/grey
raster w/retrace) can help isolate the constant blinking, cuz if it's too
low that crt just won't turn on at all.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815