[TechAssist] Re: sony play station

  • From: "Hans" <nettaberfrech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:49:09 +0100

Hi Bill.

I´m not sure wheter the german PAL-type is equal in smps with the NTSC-one.

I only had two to be repaired - one for myself and one for a friend.
Normally I prefer buying a new (or used) smps, ´cause it´s less cost effort
(speaking of time, a.s.o.) for the shop.

My advice is to check the capacitors - they should be blank-metalcapped
ones.
This type used to get leaky on both of mine. Secondary smps caps should all
be replaced - after that doesn´t work I can only guess for the IC (?) or the
optocoppler ...

Tried to help - Nilz from germany (aka Hans) :o)