[TechAssist] Re: sony kv20ts29 eprom

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:37:16 -0500

Richard, the part number on the eeprom only refers to a blank IC. You
can buy these blanks at places like Digikey for a buck or less. The
problem is that there is no data inside these  chips. They need to be
programmed for the TV model you are working on. The data that is present
in an RCA programmed eeprom will not anywhere come close to the requird
data in a Sony programmed eeprom. If a tech has an eeprom programmer,
he/ she can delete the data on an RCA eeprom and reprogram it with data
for the Sony, providing that they have another eeprom to make the copy
from, or have a data file on hand that could be "dumped" onto the blank
eeprom.

Hope this explains it. It was the best I could do.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4