[TechAssist] Re: snap ring for record player center record holder

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:39:49 -0500

Al,

Could be that is normal operation for that changer.  Some of those had
two spindles, one to stack records; the other a short one for a single
record.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 02:40:03 +0000 "Peter oliver"
<oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Spindle comming out could mean it is not completly seated or it is
> worn,
> some types had a retaining clip or pin at the base of the spindle,
> or the
> spindle is rotated so it doesn't go in all they way or even it may
> not be
> the original so it doen't fit exactly, etc. I'll have to ask my
> father when
> I get the chance to see if he has any ideas, He's got 40 years
> experience in
> this buisness, Thats 25 on me.
>
> Peter Oliver
> Tucson Radio TV
>
> "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: snap ring for record player center record
> holder
> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:06:33 -0400
>
> That's what I was thinking.It's a multiple changer, but it works
> without the
> clip. The only thing is when you remove the records the spindle
> comes out
> too. But with the clip in it still came out. Maybe the clip was bad
> to start
> with. I broke the clip taking it off. could only find 1/2 of it. As
> far as
> the phono I'm not up on old phono's, before my time. Thanks Peter.
> Al Marquardt
> ampm@xxxxxxx
> Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
> 206 W Main
> Girardville Pa. 17935

***
>  >  > *
>  >  > > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>  >  > > http://sell.tech-assist.org
>  >  > > The Tech Address Book:
>  >  > > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>  >  > > Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>  >  > > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>  >  > > Lost Password:
>  >  > > http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login
> Info?".
>  >  > > Email Archives:
>  >  > > //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>  >  > >
>  >  > >
>  >  > > High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending
> on the
>  > local
>  >  > > service providers in your area). Click here.
>  > https://broadband.msn.com
>  >  > >
>  >  > >
>  >  >
>  >

***
>  >  > *
>  >  > > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>  >  > > http://sell.tech-assist.org
>  >  > > The Tech Address Book:
>  >  > > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>  >  > > Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>  >  > > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>  >  > > Lost Password:
>  >  > > http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login
> Info?".
>  >  > > Email Archives:
>  >  > > //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>  >  > >
>  >  > >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >

***
>  > *
>  >  > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>  >  > http://sell.tech-assist.org
>  >  > The Tech Address Book:
>  >  > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>  >  > Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>  >  > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>  >  > Lost Password:
>  >  > http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>  >  > Email Archives:
>  >  > //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

***
> *
>  > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>  > http://sell.tech-assist.org
>  > The Tech Address Book:
>  > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>  > Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>  > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>  > Lost Password:
>  > http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>  > Email Archives:
>  > //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>  >
>  > _________________________________________________________________
>  > Help protect your PC.  Get a FREE computer virus scan online from
> McAfee.
>  > http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963
>  >
>  >