[TechAssist] Re: sharp VC-992U tape preload arm

  • From: Gaetan <techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:37:50 -0500

Mike  , just a hint ....
i found often similar problems with Sony's preload arms , the trouble is
that the arm is in aluminum , and corrode , so corrosion make it sticks on
the stainless shaft , thus jamming the movement ...
can it be similar on sharp ?
if it is , remove corrosion with little heavy brush (and put lube)
hope this helps ;-)

Gaetan Bourgouin
Techno Logik
Terrebonne  Que. Ca.