[TechAssist] Re: service info Dell M780 Monitor

  • From: Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:48:06 -0400

I went through the same song and dance routine with Gateway a
few weeks ago. I need the code to reset the bios on an Astro
computer or the jumpers to remove/add to reset the bios. THREE
WEEKS of emails and telephone calls later, I was no further
than "Sir, you'll have to send it in so our expert technicians
can repair it". I told them I have thousands of dollars worth
of scopes, generators, etc., and that I wanted to know what
their "experts" could do that I can't besides enter the damn
code to get it to reset so windows will reload. I told them
it's probably some highschool dropout sitting there entering
the code, reloading windows, then shipping back to the
customer at an exhorbant price that is probably 10-20 times
what the customer could have gotten it "repaired" for locally.
I will NEVER recommend one of these proprietary companies to
ANYONE ever again. I told them that Robin Hood wore a mask.
Perhaps they should get one for that $$*$**# cow!
Doug

HSWAD@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Yesterday I spent two hours on the phone to Dell trying to find a source for
> service info for the M780 monitor of which I have several that are down. I
> just allowed myself to be herded from one extension to another and kept a
> record
> of where I was sent and as much as possible who I talked to. I first
> approached them in need of service info. That did not produce results. I then
> changed
> to wanting to know where to take them in my area to be repaired. No results
> just more being tossed from one person to another. Next I tried to find out
> who
> would repaid a unit if I were to purchase one from them and it needed repair
> either in warranty or out. No results. Lastly I tried to get answers if the
> unit
> were to be in warranty. Was given a number to call that no one answered.
> Something is really amiss at this company. They have great products and have a
> good sales talk. Just thought I would let you know. Hollis Bates, Field
> Engineer-
> retired, Lewiston, Maine. HSWAD@xxxxxxx
> CHECK OUT THE NEW CHATROOM! Just login and click on chat!
> The Tech Address Book:

Doug Keller          "Learn from the mistakes of others,
Wis-Kel Electronics   because you won't live long enough
101 Freeland Ave.     to make them all yourself"
Terra Alta, WV
USA        26764
dek@xxxxxxxxxx