[TechAssist] Re: question for the old farts(you know who you are!)

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:26:03 -0800 (PST)

JB Weld 2 part epoxy would work best on bakelite I think.
  I used it on a bakelite part for a Hammond organ foot pedal. Gets lots of
stress. Still holding after several years.
  Paul

Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have a thermostat/switch out of a circa 1928 refrigerator (it runs on
ammonia). Anyway, the switch is bakelite and is broken. I need some
suggestions as to what will hold bakelite back together the best. I was
thinking hot glue perhaps? I don't trust superglue anymore. I don't care
how off the wall your suggestion is, I will read it.
Doug

--

Doug Keller
Wis-Kel Electronics