[TechAssist] Re: proj tube question

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:39:34 -0500

Hi Terry:

I will assume (you know what that means) that you are talking about the
atc311 chassis.
I think this is normal operation.  It looks like the LED is lite when the
thing is cut off.

This is the set procedure:

Screen Control Adjustments:

1. Apply a 0 IRE Flat Field pattern (TP2) to the Component

Video Input (Y, PR, PB).

2. Make certain the preheat and preset conditions have been

met.

3. Enter the serviceman menu using the front panel buttons

by pressing simultaneously "MENU" and "CHANNEL

DOWN" . Use "VOL UP" to place the "V:" value to

"76". When a parameter is specified use "CH UP" or

"CH DN" to change to the correct parameter number,

then use "VOL UP" or "VOL DN" to change the value

of the paramter.

4. Set all three screen controls on the focus/screen assembly

to minimum (full CCW). If any or all colors of the

On Screen Display are badly out of focus, the individual

screen control for those colors will need to be turned

back up until they regain focus.

5. Set Red Cutoff (P:12) to V:32.

6. Set Green Cutoff (P:13) to V:32.

7. Set Blue Cutoff (P:14) to V:32.

8. Set Brightness Offset (P:15) to V:127.

9. Set Red Drive (P16) to V:64.

10. Set Uni-Color (Green Reference - P:17) to V:64.

11. Set Blue Drive (P18) to V:64.

12. Set AKB (P:19) to V:2.

13. Making certain the 0 IRE Flat Field pattern (TP2) is still

displayed, observe the LED's located on the kine boards

on the neck of the CRT's. Adjust the red, blue and green

screen controls to light all three led's. The goal is to have

all three led's full on.

DO NOT ADJUST THE SCREEN CONTROLS AGAIN

AFTER THIS STEP!!!

Wayne Vanaman