[TechAssist] Re: panasonic portable stereo RX-DT680, schematic needed

  • From: Samuel Santiago <omega12344@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:44:25 -0800 (PST)

  Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Your problem  withe cassette decks could have been solved by replacing the
belts, two RDV-0033-4 belts, available from Panasonic. As to non detection of
the decks, there could be several things faulty. Please write back and I'll try
to help you.

I require a schematic for this unit. It is a portable stereo with CD and
dual cassette. The cassette mechanisms are electronically activated with
solenoids.

The original problem was that neither cassette deck would play. They
would just click as if the mechanism was engaging into the play
position, but then would stop without play going at all. I checked the
leaf switches above the cassette mechanisms and determined that all the
the switches should be cleaned. I did that and now deck 1 plays fine,
but deck 2 isn't even recognized in the system. I insert a cassette into
deck 1 and the display shows tape in deck 1 present. I insert a cassette
into deck 2 and there is no indication that tape is present, and no
functions work. I have checked the switches that I cleaned and they are
ok. i press the button to switch from deck 1 to deck 2, nothing happens.
The deck 2 motor is ok because at power-on, there is a momentary spin on
each cassette motor.

I suspect something happened when I went to clean the switches. Without
realizing that the power was still connected to the unit, I unplugged
two connectors (CP607 and CP609) from the dual cassette deck assembly in
order to work at the switches. (I did not plug them back in with power
connected) I have a feeling that something could have blown, so I
require a schematic to try and trace it. Also, could there but a reset
sequence I could enter in case the micro is just in a glitch?

Thanks for any help.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7