[TechAssist] Re: opinions on Sony ptv

  • From: "KenyD" <ken.dyche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:52:27 -0400

Just had a Future Shop extended warranty one like this.  Turned out the
customer had thier kid throw a glass of juice on the front screen and it
dripped down the front to the CRT boards, power supply and HV splitter.  I
first thought it was CRT fluid as well, but after further investigation (and
cornering the kid in front of his Dad), we found out it was orange juice.

The set's in the shop and still not fixed and it's been 6 weeks.  If he
thinks I'm going to get it done under thier warranty, he can forget it.
I've advised him that I'll get to it when I can and if he doesn't like it,
he's free to take it elsewhere...but he left it with me.  DAMN!

Ken Dyche
Mississauga T.V. Inc. (est. 1952)
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada