[TechAssist] (no subject)

  • From: GRAYSTV@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:31:53 EDT

we have a projection TV, it's an AKAI,  mod. PTH5498.  It could be made by
Samsung.
It had a convergence problem and we ordered two STK392-040 chips and two  3.9
ohm resistors,which were off value. The chips we installed caused a lot of
curved lines.  As one of the original chips were good, we know the problem  is
the chips. We talked to our distributor and others and decided to try another
set of convergence chips.  Same problem. Does anyone have an idea as to  what
and where we get the correct chips? Thought we'd try tech assist before we
got on the phone again. Appreciate any assistance. P.S. The pins on the
replacements were a bit longer and sealed at the base, unlike the STK392-040
originals.
GraysTV/Glenn  Gray
Berlin Ht's.OH 44814
Phone (419)  588-2325