[TechAssist] Re: needing a Mag PTV376 tuner - #3403091003

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:29:38 -0700

I'll have to look for the tuner.

I have/use TSA5511 as a replacement for the chip.

If all the voltages are OK on the Tuner,does the 'snow' stay
the same on channels 2-6,
then change to a different 'snow' on channels 7-13,
changing again on 14-22(cable)
and again on 23-up(cable) ???

If so then the chip is probably bad.
It has to be cut out(from the top,check direction of chip indention[Pin 1] )
to replace it,not too hard but there are SM
components to watch for when soldering in the new chip.

I'll look for the tuner,but again,Mine may need the chip replaced

Peggs