[TechAssist] Re: mitsubishi ptv 42" VS-420CA

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:42:46 -0400

I'm not familiar with this exact model, but I have seen a few Mitsubishi's
of this era, so hopefully my comments will help with this set.  Focus is
adjusted on each tube, which is probably magnetic on this set.  The focus
controls should be located on the dynamic convergence pc board, which is
accessible from the front of the set.  Also, be sure the optical focus is
correct, which is adjusted by twisting on the lenses (there may a wing nut
to loosen on the side of the lens). There is no service menu. To get the
front off, open the aux control door, inside in the middle of the bottom,
there is a plastic piece which will slide up and off.  Inside, you will find
a screw, loosen it quite a few turns, then push and pull out on the left
side of the wooden rail piece below the aux control area and remove it.
Then remove the screws holding the speaker grill, and unplug the speakers.
The convergence board will either be located under the crts or on the far
right side.

Jerry Eiting   geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christians Electronic Service
Piqua, Ohio