[TechAssist] Re: mailing a tube to someone I don't know to be reliable

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:35:24 -0400

I have had a dealing with a fellow list member, infact maybe even a
fairly well known member although I haven't seen any posts in a while,
and I'm not gonna mention who it was in case for circumstantial reasons
the mail got lost twice or something- (yea, right...)

I sent him something without getting paid first thinking I could trust
him because he of all people should know the hardships of fellow techs
these days, so I never suspected the deal would go sour.

Sent the part first without payment in order for him to get the part in
a hurry, then he would pay me. For some unknown reason, he claims the
package never came, so I never got paid for it. Then about 3 months
later said he finally received it but didn't need it anymore and he
would send it back. Well, I never did get it back or the money for it
either.

The moral of the story is, always get paid first before you ship
something out. You don't know these people personally even though they
are on the list, meaning some of us could be crooks.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984