[TechAssist] Re: magnovox ts2575 25f800 chassis

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:15:21 -0600

Al,
I don't know what type problem you are having??

I have worked on three of these sets. One had a shorted vertical IC, the
other two had r3340(10 ohm 1/3w) open. This resistor is located on the crt
ckt bd, on the bottom left side. It will make the set shut-down, but it is a
fairly slow process (10-15 sec). The set turns on, with audio, blank raster
w/retrace lines, which brightens till shut-down. Never found a reason for
the open resistor. I used a 1/2w replacement. I suspect an arc in the crt or
the resistor design wattage is too small.

The one with the shorted vertical IC, was almost instant shut-down.

Hope this helps.
Paul W.

From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] magnovox ts2575 25f800 chassis
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:23:12 -0600

  i'm stuck on this one. manual calls for 140v on main output on regulator.i
got 129v checked all outputs for caps and diodes  regulator has correct
voltage on every pin. manual says turn down ac voltage and check
outputs,same thing did anyone see this before the troubleshooting guide is
vague on what to do, it doesn't tell what to check if the voltages are wrong
only if they're not there. any tricks would be appreciated been on this a
long time and am in the same spot   duh!!!!!
al marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx