[TechAssist] Re: magnavox fluid changing

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:03:02 -0500

To All:

I will go on record to say that I had no idea service shops are shortcutting
this way. It only takes 15 minutes to remove a tube, then maybe 15 minutes
to disassemble the CRt and use soapy water and clean the face of the tube
and the lens assembly,(I mean wash the lens assembly like you would your
home dishes, dip it in a sink of soapy water, use a rag and wipe, and
rinse), replace gaskets, and refill the fluid. If you label your yoke rings,
you will not have to converge the set.  I do not care what kind of syringe
you use to remove the fluid, you can not tell me in the corners way down
deep there will not be still some particles in it. This will cause spots in
the picture. Any other way in my opinion is wrong, no different than not
fixing a tabletop properly. Maybe I am wrong, but my standards are much
higher than that. Even if the customer can not tell the difference, I can.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
Website: www.electricmedic.com
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"
More Info: www.augusta-ga.bbb.org/report.html?compid=6001278&national=y

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  Fisher, GE, KEC/KTV, Konka,
Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA, Samsung,
Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex