[TechAssist] Re: kv27fs12 shuts down after 9 sec.

  • From: "KENNETH BARNES" <KENNYB928@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:58:22 -0500

Damon:  No blink codes; have +/-15 volt supply.  Heater on CRT ok.  Have 200V
supply.  Try on a few times & get a horz line (vert prob?).  When you turn it
on you cannot turn it off.  Goes off by itself; and when the hi-voltage drops
to zero, the set draws 1.1 amps; the same as when the hi-voltage is 28 KV.
Doubt it is vertical.  Changed vert IC and makes no difference - same results.
The fact I can't turn it off makes me think I have another problem.  Ring yoke
both horz and vert ok.    Can you shed any more light on this?   TIA  Kenny