[TechAssist] Re: kp57wv700 sony prejection finally fixed

  • From: "pete" <tvtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:55:56 -0500

I had a hard time with this one .The complaint was retrace lines on red only
i replaced the red crt the unit was working ok. The cust called me back 3
days later same problem . I replaced the screen focus control but then heres
the kicker. I left the house but i did not know this guys when you replace
the crt you have to do convergence on all modes i did it in the full mode
and It was ok, but the cust called me back because he had hdtv programming
so I went back again and did convergence on hdtv mode but when it zooms it
was also off convergence so I HAD TO DO CONVERGENCE ON ALL 4 MODES iT TOOK
ME 4 OR 5 HRS TO DO. Is there another way to do this? There has to be an
easier way to do this. any help will be greatly appreciated

thank you
Pete