[TechAssist] Re: jvc av48wp30 red convergence

  • From: D Trippel <dtrippel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:03:12 -0800

Hi Phil !
Thanks for the reply, I had just read about the tech trap (light sensor) on
another
sight prior to your post. Thanks for the info. I hope this isn't the future of
the
repair industry for all tv's. I do not do warranty work for jvc and I would
have never
thought to jumper the sb imput prior to taking the cover off. It kind of makes
it
scary for a small shop like mine to work on some of these newer sets.
Unfortunately I
know for a fact that the customer took the back cover off and powered up the
set. The
set was also in another shop before it came here. Does the eprom damage caused
by the
sensor also have an effect on the convergence?  By the way the stk's do run
quite hot.
By the sound of things, I have been wasting allot of time on this set. I really
appreciate the information . Thanks!

Don