[TechAssist] Re: ideas needed for a RCA ctc187cn3

  • From: "Webster's TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:42:39 -0500

Roy,

Here's a few tips for a CTC187 for repeated shorting of  HOT.

After replacing HOT, TV will play a couple of days and short again, HOT runs
hotter than normal. Replace horiz. driver transformer(#215541) and cap
C4306(#188594), to solve.

Also C4709(47m-50v) can cause HOT to run hot.

Also R4402(#175374) can cause HOT to short intermittantly. (replace even if
checks OK)

Also C4403(#218369) and C4303(#214732) can cause HOT to short
intermittantly.

Also I presume you've checked the horiz. driver transformer for poor solder
connections.

                                                   HTH
                                                   Dan Webster
                                                   Webster's TV